Monday, January 26, 2009

I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa (K-1)

I finally started filling out a bunch of stuff today.
  • I-129F forms (including attached paper to expand on how we met)
  • Cover letter
  • Both Isaac and I did G-325A (which is 4 pages for each of us and all four pages are the EXACT SAME THINGS)
  • Letter of intent to marry within 90 days of Isaac's entry to the US (both Isaac and I had to do these, and sign)
  • Printed out pictures of us together
  • Printed out some old emails to show ongoing relationship
What we need to do:
  • Get (recent) passport style photos taken of both of us.
  • Copy birth certificate
  • Copy his old plane tickets
  • Get the $455 to file the petition

Oy. But at least we're getting somewhere.


Spiceymike said...

Dang! They even need email logs as well?

Mind you it's worth it in the long run. I wish you all the best of luck with it, it's hard but you're getting there, and that's the most important thing.

Love can prevail :).

Miroslav the snow lover said...

Long Long time ago (10-15 years ago) I remember meeting this American in Zagreb (Capital of Croatia, my birth country). We were at the airport in Zagreb to go to the last leg of each of our trips (we never met before this, we just had the coincidence of meeting there), Her husband was from Europe, to make the story short: they got married in the USA. Many people were getting married to get your "green card" (Is it actually green?), Anyways at that time things were starting to change so people wouldn't "abuse" the system.

You could also most likely use if you were pregnant, that would help.


Is there no extended family that he has in America (or even Canada)?

The wife of my great grandfather was British, I can technically claim British citizenship more than someone just moving there.

Look for EVERY possibility.

By the way...where is my wedding invite?
Is there a non-paypal way to chip in?

Just curious, (I would like to point out about the snow storm in through Toronto all day, thus my memory is gone as I was outside all day), why don't you move to the UK?

British citizens can work anywhere in the EU without hassles. US citizens will have hassles to work somewhere else outisde.